Sunday, April 13, 2008

Internet Fix

Ahhhhhhh. It's been three long days since I could access the internet from the comfort of my own home, and now voila I'm connected with the world again. Thanks to the lovely, unobtrusive, quiet and generally proffessional builders (are you catching my sarcastic tone here?) that are employed to renovate the house we live in, our phone line was cut last week, and I was cut off from the outside world with no warning. Horror!
My hero (AKA the telstra man) came today and fixed it. Hurrah! What I want to know, now that I experienced a few days without the net, is how the hell did anyone get anything done before the internet?
And despite the fact that my phone line is working again, those pesky builders are still here. Hammering, sawing, drilling and even using a jack hammer as I type. Lovely. So you know I think it's time I scooted off to uni, where I can relax and escape. Yay!

No comments: