Sunday, April 6, 2008

Vice Presidential Duties

So I know what the name of the student club I am VP of is now. That's always good isn't it? I have an inkling I am going to be quite good at this too. Especially if tonights "meeting" was anything to go by. We decided earlier in the week it would be a good idea to get together 'off campus', to discuss what we want to do with the club, and to start organising our first social event.

Our meeting went like this; meet at uber cool bar in the city, drink alcohol outside under an outdoor heater, briefly discuss official business (so as to give the appearance at least that this was a serious meeting, not an excuse to get pissed). Adjourn official business, order more drinks - and let the drinking games begin. Like I said, I think I can get used to this.

It also helps that our President - the all round nice guy/jock/good at freaking everything but you can't dislike him coz he's so bloody nice - was shocked, yes you read correctly SHOCKED I tell you, to learn that *gasp* I am nearly 30. In fact the entire group looked genuinely confused. I love them all! And I might add that this was before the drinking had begun. Apparently he thought I was 22 max. Awesome.

It's not all drinking and compliments though. There are serious and important things to attend to. Like for example, tomorrow I have to check my email to see if President has sent through graphics for flyers we're making. I know what you're thinking. How do I cope with the stress and the pressure? To tell you the truth I don't know, I just find a way and hope for the best.

No comments: