Friday, March 28, 2008

Gross

* Warning - This blog contains some disturbing anecdotes. Blog suitable for mature readers only.

I swallowed a fly today. As I was getting into my car I felt it go in and hit the back of my throat. Eeeeeewwwwwww. But it gets worse. Normally when it's happened to me before I cough and it comes out. Not this time.

Because I was breathing in it got sucked right to the back of my throat and I could feel it wriggling around in my throat. I mean this is almost traumatising. I start having a coughing fit while I'm driving - I pull over and manage to tell Mr D to buy me a drink in the middle of coughing. While he's in the shop the fly is still wriggling in my throat but it won't budge and it's making me dry retch. Then I hear a car beeping me and I look in the rear mirror and see not car but bus. Had pulled into bus stop, and so had to pull out and find another spot to put car. I do that and the coughing is getting worse and is now progressing to vomitting. I am standing in the gutter making revolting noises with shoppers walking past looking a little perplexed, in a 'I am not really looking becasue that wouldn't be polite' way. Note to self - breathing in fly not fun.

I look up and see Mr D and he sees me bent over in the gutter and comes running. Finally a drink! It helps, but it still doesn't feel pleasant. After gulping the drink down it feels better, but it's still catching when I breathe in and Mr D has to pull over a few times on the way home coz I think I'm gonna vomit again. Didn't though so that was good.

Feeling better tonight except for the occasional gross thought of having eaten a fly. The moral of the story people is breathe through your nose!

2 comments:

BaSiL said...

BAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

delia said...

I have admit - I died laughing at this one... excellently put. :)