Monday, March 24, 2008

Hot Keys Dance Party

There was an informal sort of get together at my place last night, that consisted of the requisite drinks, good friends and yummy food. It's pretty much a garanteed recipe for a great night. And I always find that the word spreads fairly effortlessly that there is to be a social gathering of some kind.

I am always pleasantly surprised to see people turn up who I had no idea were coming. Take for example the lovely Basil and her man, they were hours away on the Victorian coast as far as I was aware, so when I saw them walking up my driveway I was delighted. Basil and SnakeBalls know how to work a room!

After several hours of the aforementioned drinking, it became apparent that the night would not be complete without a little Hot Keys action. For those of you not in the know, Hot Keys is an awesome 80's keyboard that hangs around the players neck - usually my husbands.

After some Electro Hot Keys, there was a void that needed to be filled, and it could only be filled with Pictionary. We teamed up into two groups of three and so began the competition, schemes and friendly yelling matches. I have to confess that my team were a little cheeky and probably got more slack than we deserved. Anyhow, we lost so I don't really feel guilty.

No comments: