Thursday, April 24, 2008

Waiting

I don't like waiting. Not that anybody really does, but those close to me can verify that I am a particularly impatient person. Patience really isn't one of my (otherwise many) virtues. I have inherited my mothers punctuality, which has been marginally relaxed by being married to a man whose family is barely even aware of time in a traditional sense. It is more of an abstract idea that is loosely relevant to his family.
It's like I have an inbuilt clock or something, and I don't have to think about how long somewhere will take to get and when we'll need to leave I just know and am painfully, seriously uncooly punctual.
My sister (who I am in fact waiting for now, and therefore brought on these thoughts) did not inherit this punctual quality. When we were teenagers going somewhere together, if she wasn't ready when I told her I would be, I would leave without her. We roar laughing about it now, and we both concede that we both could have been more considerate of the other (me a bit more patient, her more organised), but gosh it used to piss me off! Haha
In fact while we're on the subject of getting ready to go out, it is a regular occurence in our house that my husband takes more time to get ready than I do! How funny, but lately I've been getting more flexible, and even scheduling to arrive places late *gasp*.
Anyhow this has been a pleasant way to pass the time while I wait for my sister........

No comments: